Sunday, September 28, 2008

MonsterQuest Sunday Sept. 28, 2008 10:00 PM

MonsterQuest : Sasquatch Attack?

Airs on Sunday September 28 10:00 PM

Does Canada have its own Bigfoot? Owners of a fly-in fishing cabin report attacks by an unknown creature. Can DNA tests on blood and tissue from the alleged beast reveal its true identity? The test results will surprise you. One-part history, one-part science and one part monster, discover the truth behind these beasts and take a scientific look at legendary creatures around the world. The best evidence available will be examined, from pictures and video, to hair and bones. Scientists will be brought in to tell viewers what the evidence reveals. Ultimately the evidence will reveal the truth....or in some cases continue the mystery.





I'll be watching this show and wondering WHAT DID THEY COMPARE THIS EVIDENCE TO?
I don't really expect to be surprised by the results but I haven't seen this episode yet so I'll reserve any in-depth comments until afterwards. At the very least, it should be entertaining.

**UPDATE**

After watching this episode, I realized that I have seen it before. I've included the most important video clip of the show at the end of this post, the part dealing with the DNA testing.

I found it interesting that Nelson was able to extract DNA showing mostly human but part Chimpanzee and made the statement that there is a 1 in 5000 chance that this sample came from a Human. I can't help but wonder if there may have been some cross contamination of the sample because of the way it was collected- a plastic knife held by Meldrum's bare hand...........but Where would the CHIMP come into the equation?

The entire show is available on youtube in segments. You be the judge:



No comments: