Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Deconstructing the Squatch



I'm quite certain that if you are here reading this blog then you also heard the shameful display that was the squatchdetective radio show broadcast on Aug. 18, 2008.
After more than a half-hour of Billy Willard's stall tactics, Steve Kull made a statement resembling if not identical to the one posted at the SFB site. I have included the statement as it is posted:

Good afternoon. I am Steve Kulls Executive Director of Squatchdetective.com and Host of Squatchdetective Radio. I am here with Bob Schmalzbach, Vice President of Searching for Bigfoot, Inc. I had been invited to be a witness of the thawing of the alleged Bigfoot Body by the Searching for Bigfoot team. As an independent researcher, it has been Squatchdetective.com's goal to obtain proof positive in all cases when either trying to substantiate a claim or debunk it, so as there is no question to the matter's certainty. Having worked in the past, with Searching for Bigfoot, Inc., I understand that it has always been their corporate goal, “to tell it like they see it, as it happens, and when it happens”. In my organization's limited involvement with Searching For Bigfoot, Inc. it is and has been the goal of both organizations to obtain the truth in this and all matters.

On July 9th, 2008, Matthew Whitton and Ricky Dyer placed a video on Youtube making the claim they had recovered the body of a Bigfoot body. Their website, Bigfoottracker.com also echoed the sentiment. At that time I had doubts and followed the story for two weeks when on July 25th, 2008 I placed a video response to challenge them to come on to Squatchdetective Radio on July 28th , 2008.

On July 14th, 2008 an article was published where Whitton released a statement to his local newspaper, the Clayton Times Daily stating that they had recovered the body of a Bigfoot.

The afternoon of July 28th, 2008, Ricky Dyer asked if I would call him and after interviewing him using various forensic interviewing techniques, which I have been trained on, I could not get an accurate read on him as I was seeing deception on numerous things, but insisted he had a body in his possession. At one point he asked me who Tom Biscardi was. I immediately surmised however their motive was financial.

After concluding my one plus hour long phone call with Dyer I called the CEO of Searching for Bigfoot, Tom Biscardi, and we discussed the matter. We, at that time decided it best to turn the investigation over to Mr. Biscardi and his team. My involvement in the remainder of the process was as an independent observer.

The following are my observations and the facts as I understand and know them:

On August 1st, 2008 Tom Biscardi traveled to Georgia and on August 2nd was given a sample, allegedly, from the corpse, for DNA testing. The DNA was hand delivered to Dr. Curt Nelson of Michigan and a chain of custody of the said sample was maintained from the time it was received from Ricky Dyer and Matthew Whitton.

On August 4th, 2008 both Matthew Whitton and Ricky Dyer entered a legally binding contract with Searching For Bigfoot, Inc .recognizing the fact that Searching for Bigfoot, had absolutely nothing to do in the demise or storage of the corpse until such time as it was transferred to Searching For Bigfoot for the benefit of scientific study, marketing and promotion.

On August 10th, 2008 Tom Biscardi received an email from Dr. Nelson that after the amplifications of two of the three samples, that the size of the DNA was consistent with human/ape DNA.

On or about August 12th, 2008, Matthew Whitton and Ricky Dyer requested an undisclosed sum of money as an advance, expected from the marketing and promotion, and as a good faith gesture of the contract.

On August 14th, 2008, after signing a transfer receipt for the amount money requested and counting said money, Matthew Whitton and Ricky Dyer led the Searching for Bigfoot Team to a location and turned over a freezer with something appearing large, hairy, and frozen in ice.

On August 15th, 2008, Tom Biscardi, Ricky Dyer and Matthew Whitton held a press conference at the Cabana Hotel in Paolo Alto, California, announcing that the corpse of a creature fitting the description known as “Bigfoot” had been discovered. A police officer of seven years, on medical leave, labeled as a hero for being wounded in the line of duty, got up in front of the world and told the world of how he and Ricky Dyer uncovered this creature. This has since been proven a lie. It is notable that Rick Dyer insisted on this press conference and told Tom Biscardi he would not release the “body” unless the conference was held on this specific date.

On August 16th, 2008 the freezer containing the alleged corpse arrived with the Searching For Bigfoot Team. I arrived on location at 6PM to provide initial verification examination, biohazard control and consult for security measures at the location. At that time the ice was being thawed slowly without aid, to prevent any decomposition of the alleged corpse. We estimated that the freezer and its contents weighed over 1500 pounds and it would take several days or longer to thaw completely.

On August 17th, 2008 Searching for Bigfoot Team Director of Field Operations, TJ Biscardi and myself, were up early to discover that some hair was now exposed. I extracted some from the alleged corpse and examined it and had some concerns. Bob Schmalzbach arrived and concurred. We burned said sample and said hair sample melted into a ball uncharacteristic of hair.

At that time we contacted Mr. Biscardi who gave us permission to begin an expedited melting process. We set up a salamander heater to heat the freezer. Within one hour we were able to see the partially exposed head, as I was now able to touch it, I was able to feel that it seemed mostly firm, but unusually hollow in one small section. This was yet another ominous sign. Within the next hour of thaw, a break appeared up near the feet area. As the team and I began examining this area near the feet, I observed the foot which looked unnatural, reached in and confirmed it was a rubber foot.

At that point we immediately contacted, Tom Biscardi and advised him of the situation and he began to take action on his end. Later that day, Tom Biscardi informed us that both Matthew Whitton and Ricky Dyer admitted it was a costume. They reportedly agreed to sign a promissory note and admission of what they had done, and set a meeting in their hotel room in California for 8AM on August 17th, 2008.

At that time I drew up the documents for Mr. Biscardi. On August 17th, 2008 Tom Biscardi went to the hotel where Dyer and Whitton were staying and found that they had left. At this time action is being instigated against the perpetrators of this fraud. Tom Biscardi asked us to contact you, the press, and share all that we have discovered.

The motives behind this fraud are still unknown at this time. It is still unclear why Whitton who, being a police officer for the Clayton County Police Department in Georgia got up before the world and lied and was complicit in a scheme to defraud in a felonious manner.

At this time the victim of this series of deceptions, Searching for Bigfoot, Inc., is seeking justice for themselves and for all the people who were deceived by this deception. Due to this event peoples lives have been disrupted and many people, so wanting vindication about there prior experiences were hurt. Let us all try to be mindful of such.

On behalf of myself I can say with certainty Matthew Whitton and Ricky Dyer not the best Bigfoot trackers in the world!

Thank you.

Written by Steve Kulls

Unfortunetly, I am currently unable to find a copy of the broadcast available for download but you can be certain when it's available, it will be here. During the latter part of the broadcast Kulls, Sawyer and Willard seemed upbeat as they were receiving positive re-enforcement from the "callers" who appeared to have been hand picked.

One fine young lady named "Kathy" got through and stunned Kulls into silence by berating him for lying about Biscardi's role in this circus. This was the greatest moment of the show.

Afterwards, I dropped by a couple of the forums to catch the buzz and found that the bright folks at the BFF had already started summarily executing all that is Squatch Detective.
Kulls and Sawyer were eviscerated and called out on their out-right lies and lack of integrity. I feel that the "Squatch" has been sufficiently Squashed.

I have given Kulls credit for maintaining an even keel during the course of this incident but I found his defense of Biscardi shameful and it destroyed Kulls credibility................and folks, If you're in the business of hunting a large, hairy bipedal primate--often times your credibility is all you have!

Allegedly, there is another squatch radio show scheduled for tonight and we're being offered the "Real Story". I will of course give my review of this pending show, if only for the comedic factor.

Steve, If I can't trust you to tell me the truth the first time, what makes you think that anything else you say has any merit. You have disappointed alot of people who believed in you and anything you have investigated or ever will investigate is now suspect.
You sir, are the Captain of that sinking vessel.
In a word, that I saw alot of last night, you are DONE!


Anonymous said...

I missed the show, but did catch the very end and saw all the comments. SK was eaten alive at that point.
Reading the timeline given, and recalling the images of TB with the freezer, he had to of known.
or is he just that st.. easy to fool?
Why would they freeze it in solid ice vs bagging it down? So no one can access it?
What was the big deal with the Gag order? When SK claims to have discovered it was a hoax he should have announced it at that time publicly vs let the tidle wave take so many.
Instead of helping folks off a sinking ship, he participated in a delaying action which caused the death of his own integrity.
So it appears..



Psychic Bigfoot said...

What a bunch of maroons, as Bugs Bunny would say.

I completly agree, too; nonsense like this is why nobody takes cryptozoology seriously, and for good reason, too. If shysters like this are all over, the effort needed to seperate the (rare) wheat from the (oppressivly common) chaff is just too much.

Vivek said...

Kulls wrote his obituary on the August 18th show. He's done. He's credibility is gone.

Kulls gave little information and ignored the fact that Biscardi stood at the press conference and confidently proclaimed that he had touched the body and this was the real deal. When confronted by caller "Kathy" concerning Biscardi, Kulls was silent and stunned. Silence spoke volumes. It was an embarrassment. Kulls had his chance to tell the truth and he failed.

And sorry Steve, but you don't get the "test the waters" with lies and half truths to see what people will let you get away with and then try to dig yourself out of a hole with more lies when people call you out for your BS.

Stick a fork in Biscardi and Kulls. They're done.

Anonymous said...

Listening to recorded broadcast right now.. In the timeline they state TB did not view the body when he went to Ga on 8/1.
Who is the guy in the green outfit in the photo's with Rick&Matt next to the freezer?


Southern Bigfoot said...

-Wheellug, check out the show I posted today where Kulls admits he was never under a gag order.

-psychic, That's why it is the duty of everyone in the BF community to search out and expose these folks.

-vivek, AMEN!

-Just listen to the show from last night. Kulls claims he never met the GA Boys in person.

Southern Bigfoot said...

-Wheel, That's Tom Biscardi in the photo.